Thursday, March 10, 2011

American Tradesman (08-12-2008 publication)


AMERICA
What I think as an American tradesman

Unique to us Americans has been the opportunity to experience extra ordinary times and places in history like this global crisis we're all involved in as Americans and looking over some sample history we see it's never been easy being American. Living in America is a privilege that places people's dreams at the forefront of change. Living an America life and meeting some of the most interesting people has definitely defined my views of being American. None have been Fat Cats I know of and most consider it shameful that any CEO should be paid enormously when they especially don't own the company and answer to a public forum. I'll bet the board of directors who placed those Fat Cats in charge are likely Fat Cats themselves. Some physicians would be taxed more and pay more insurance to keep practicing under Obamanomics while the average person could gain more spendable income is how I see it. What a problem to have, yes? Myself I was born in a little place not far from where I am today where people still work the land and harvest crop. I've been voting all my life to keep what works and that's the message the Republicans used to preach. Today I'm comfortable voting for change again so that our voices can be heard. One day from our family history book a gentleman knocked on my ancestor's door. You see, Benedict Arnold had led a brave 600 souls from Massachusetts to Quebec City seeking support for the lower 13 colonies and their plan to succeed from England. Near death some of them, my family fed and warmed those souls and got them on their way to the City so they could get back home safe and sound. I trust I will always have the gifts provided by my forefathers that give us title to keep our right to own and work the land sacred and that has always given us the opportunity to learn and grow our America by being a part of its history always in the making. Learning from our past government gives us focus In fact so we should know a few things about taxes and why we pay them. I am from the most agricultural Americans in history today and I don't want any handouts given to anybody on any Fat Cat list since they don't deserve that kind of payment ever while small business owners struggle to make pay role and families are worried about their future and going without. My family has been paying taxes for generations so we can be free to work our land and have the liberties we all enjoy today by voting and working. It's never been easy being a farmer in America or anywhere else for that matter so I'm willing to pay more for what I need if it's what it takes but when I begin to feel like a hostage to a world financial crisis I'm sure it won't be increasing the taxes that will fix things right now, not today and that's how I feel. What will save us today is the vote we are all responsible for if we live as Americans so get out and vote in record numbers we did this election. Voting is the ultimate freedom of expression that we should never take for granted just like having a job allows for independence from debt. You don't need to time travel far to learn that we reflect what we believe in as Americans by our vote and the candidates we choose as our leaders who carry the plans for the fix. When things are bad world wide we're in it together and vote together we'll get ourselves out of this short term mess as our forefathers have taught us to do. We need to build America stronger at home, use our resources available and vote for a growing America!

No comments:

Post a Comment